*dodges the black cat *
Alright everyone, it’s my 13th Monday Post.
** Update: If you go to OneFresh this week, get a free drink when you say “this ain’t fast food.” **
As usual, here’s what you might have missed from Last Monday:
I warned the masses about a email hoax.
A pizza party that was broken up.
The temptation to go toe to toe with Madea.
Friday Night was the start of the “Sleepout for the Homeless” event on campus. Every year, Phi Beta Sigma fraternity throws an event where a bunch of students brave the cold, donate non-perishable food and clothing to those less fortunate, and overall have a great time throughout the night.
Somehow… Every year, this event is held on one of the colder nights of the year. This year, no one seemed to mind that much. Everyone was jumping rope, and dancing, and just having an all-around good time. I had originally planned that THIS was the year I was going to stay all night…
Yeah, I left at 2am. I actually ran into some Psiettes at the event, and I hung out with them for about an hour or so.
Kollage Dance Troupe performed, some spoken word, a performance by the Black Actors Guild.
Couple things I did notice while I was out there in the cold:
- The only time a guy should dance to this song is… Never actually.
- That SOMEONE should get a good copy of this song. I’m tired of EVERYONE’s copy pausing at the SAME time.
- When are the Practice sessions for all these dances? how is it that EVERYONE is dancing to these songs ???
- Why are people running around on campus at night yelling about the Stimulus package???
All in all, this year’s event was one of the best I’ve been to. They served pizza this year (twice) and it just felt like better planning.
In other blog news, I’ve decided to shelf the Facebook status idea. It’s not as popular as I thought it would be.
I’ve also started playing Afro Samurai this weekend. Keep an eye out for my review.
Valentine’s Day is coming this weekend. Do you have plans for your significant other?
What are your plans? I’d love to hear about them (within reason. I’m looking at you, CBK)
My plans? I’ve got none. yup. none.
This year, Mrs. Blogmaster is in charge of the Hallmark Holiday. I’m taking a page out of Usher’s Book this year; (NSFW) besides, I need time to recharge my creative batteries.
I would also like to take this time to let everyone know (specifically men) that if you are planning to take this route use this gift, there are a few requirements:
- You discuss this IN ADVANCE with your significant other. It would be very embarrassing if you both had the thought that the OTHER had plans…
- You actually did something significant for the first couple of Valentine’s Days. A card and/or a box of chocolate do NOT count as “significant”
- You come up with something phenomenal the following Valentine’s (or which ever you are next “responsible” for)
- Even though I alluded to this in requirement 2, I am going to officially say it now: This canNOT be the FIRST valentine’s day you are celebrating with your significant other.
The opportunity gift of a “Sadie Hawkins Valentine’s Day” is a rare, and most precious opportunity. DON’T try to over use it. Unless, your Significant Other doesn’t care about Valentine’s Day… in that case, you’re off the hook.